William PetersonPartner William Peterson specializes in business and international law.
With a French and American law background, William first practiced in international law firms in San Francisco and Paris before moving to Marseille and becoming a partner at RR&A in 2007.
A member of the California and Marseille bars, William mainly advises and litigates for subsidiaries of offshore companies.
His clients' activities are diverse: hotel and restaurant, real estate, dental, start-ups, start-up investor/advisor in the medical industry, rural/agricultural, employees of international non-governmental organizations (ILOAT litigation), successions, commercial leasing, etc.
He also assists foreign clients in the matters handled by the firm, particularly in employment law.
William also advises on arbitration law abroad and in France. He has been in charge of the program at the Institute of Business Law at Aix-Marseille University for the preparation of an international arbitration competition (Vis International commercial arbitration moot) for more than 14 years. In 2016, he established with an Australian arbitrator, an international litigation option in this university. He is now Co-Responsible.
He is also an arbitrator with the arbitration chambers in Barcelona and Vienna.
He teaches courses in arbitration law, international sales contracts, and American procedure law.
Finally, he was a co-founder and Co-Chairman of the Mediterranean Anglo-American Business Network for many years, where he developed long-standing relationships with the American and British Consulates. Under his co-chairmanship, the network represented the American Chamber of Commerce and the Franco-British Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
He advises the British Government (FCO) and the British Council.
FIELDS OF INTERVENTION
- International law
- Business, corporate
- Commercial law
- Arbitration and mediation
- RR&A Law Firm
- Founder and Co-Chairman of the Mediterranean Anglo-American Business Network (MAABN)
- Lecturer at the IAE, then at the Institute of Business Law of Aix-Marseille University, in charge of the international litigation option
- Co-president of the International Commission of the Marseille Bar Association
- Diploma of Corporate Counsel and Masters in Corporate Law and Taxation (IDA, Aix Marseille University).
- Law firm of Pillsbury, Madison & Sutro (San Francisco) & Arthur Andersen International (Paris)
- Doctorate in American Jurisprudence (San Francisco)
- English (native speaker)
- Gentleman farmer, excellent swimmer